Much like the comfy cushion of the Saucony Hurricane, we have a delicious meal that will comfort your appetite, rather than your feet! Enjoy this delicious, nutrition-packed meal after your next run to speed up recovery and to satisfy your ravenous side. The blizzard of the year has arrived, bringing with it freezing temps and slick sidewalks. Also known as not the most pleasant weather for running. Think about the next time you’re going to be battling the winter elements on your daily run. You finish cold and exhausted, longing for something warm and inviting.
Solution: A bowl of chili.
This isn’t your average chili though; this is mean, lean protein machine! With protein-packed ground turkey and black beans, our best chili recipe will help you recover from not only the cold, but also your run! Curl up on the couch under a blanket with a steaming bowl of…
THE BEST RECOVERY CHILI!
• 1 lb ground turkey
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 1-28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
• 1-16 oz can of black beans
• 1 packet Old El Paso Chili Mix (or your own homemade mix!)
• 1 tsp. chili powder (for a little extra kick!)
Do this to make it all happen:
1. Cook ground turkey and onion together in skillet with a little salt and pepper.
2. Put in a large saucepan, add all other ingredients, and cook on low until boiling.
3. Let boil for 45 minutes and stir frequently, as beans will settle and burn.
4. Top with additional diced onions and cheddar cheese, for the perfect blend of deliciousness!