Enjoy excellent comfort and advanced support with the GEL-KAYANO® 27 running shoe. The redesigned mesh upper helps keep feet cool, while the sole is more flexible to help promote a more natural roll through the gait cycle. This starts in the heel with added flex grooves that assist in isolating initial impact to force a softer and smoother feeling at footstrike. At midstance, the foot should stop pronating and re-supinate for an efficient toe-off. To help this natural motion, we incorporate DYNAMIC DUOMAX® technology to help support the foot and increase stability for runners whose feet roll inward too much (overpronate). The midsole also integrates SPACE TRUSSTIC™ technology, which provides stability and reduces the overall weight to help promote a smoother transition from foot strike to toe-off. This added stability is complemented by deeper forefoot flex grooves for a smoother roll through toe-off, allowing the shoe to move more naturally with the foot. Lastly, a large section of reflective materials in the rearfoot helps keep runners visible when running in low-light conditions.
Features & Benefits:
- AHAR® Outsole: Acronym for ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability.
- FLYTEFOAM® LYTE Technology: Employs 45-degree full-length SpevaFoam™ 45 lasting material for a soft platform feel and improved comfort.
- Rearfoot AND Forefoot GEL® Technology Cushioning System: Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- Trusstic System® Technology: Reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity of the shoe.
- Dynamic Duomax™ Support System: This evolution of DuoMax® system enhances stability and support, with reduced weight and increased platform support.
- FLYTEFOAM® Propel Technology: ASICS energetic foam formulation that provides supreme bounce thanks to a unique elastomer compound.
- Drop: 10 mm
- Weight: 11.1 oz