The GLIDERIDE™ shoe lets you run longer while expending less energy. GUIDESOLE™ technology in this sole is the key function in the GLIDERIDE™ shoe. The cushioning in this trainer reduces muscle load at foot strike. It does this with a combination of FLYTEFOAM technology and GEL technology cushioning. The stiff forefoot and dynamically curved sole increase running efficiency by reducing the movement of the ankle joint. A lower degree of ankle flexion means other muscles, such as the calf, don’t have to work as hard. Too much ankle movement at speed wastes energy. The shoe’s center of mass is closer to the heel, so it’s easier to swing the foot forward. The rolling motion you feel in this shoe actually propels the foot forward for increased efficiency by reducing the forward movement of the ankle. This lets you run farther with less effort. These characteristics give runners an experience, unlike anything they’ve felt before. The GLIDERIDE™ shoe with GUIDESOLE™ technology lets you conserve energy for efficient runs. It’s something you have to feel to believe.
Features & Benefits:
- Flytefoam technology provides exceptional bounce back and responsiveness no matter the distance, utilizing organic super fibers to help reduce packing out that traditionally happens with softer, low-density foam.
- Rearfoot Gel Cushioning System attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Guidesole Technology reduces muscle load at footstrike to conserve energy for more efficient runs.
- Solyte Foam in the midsole provides great lightweight shock absorption
- Speva Foam enhances performance by transferring energy absorbed from impact with the ground to the next step.
- Dynamically Curved Sole increases running efficiency by reducing the movement of the ankle joint.
- Pronation Level: Neutral
- Drop: 5 mm
- Weight: 9.9 oz
CUSTOMER RATINGS & REVIEWS
- EVA plate
- Gel cushioning
- toe spring
- high school
- energy return
I bought these for my son. He is a High School XCountry runner and long distance track runner. He has not stopped talking about how much cushion and bounce he feels in these sneakers. He loves them! Best gift I gave this year.
Great training shoe and $50 cheaper through marathon. A little heavy for a racing shoe but perfect for miles and interval training. They were a little bigger so I might go 1/2 smaller next time.
I'm not gonna lie, this shoe feels pretty strange when you first put it on. The toe spring is much more pronounced than any other running shoe I have worn. Wasn't super comfortable for the first mile and a half or so, but after getting farther into the run and becoming more familiar with the feeling, I started to like it a lot more. The Flytefoam + Gel cushioning is plush under foot, and the firm EVA plate provides nice energy return. The curved sole really rocks you onto the toes and keeps that forward momentum – I actually took these out for an easy run first and accidentally ended up running a bit faster than planned! Definitely give yourself at least several runs to acclimate to this shoe. It will probably feel a bit weird at first, but subsequent runs just get better. Soon enough, it'll be a go-to pair for long runs or tempos; just be careful if you're trying to run easy!