The GLIDERIDE™ shoe lets you run longer while expending less energy. GUIDESOLE™ technology in this sole is the key function in the GLIDERIDE™ shoe. The cushioning in this trainer reduces muscle load at foot strike. It does this with a combination of FLYTEFOAM technology and GEL technology cushioning. The stiff forefoot and dynamically curved sole increase running efficiency by reducing the movement of the ankle joint. A lower degree of ankle flexion means other muscles, such as the calf, don’t have to work as hard. Too much ankle movement at speed wastes energy. The shoe’s center of mass is closer to the heel, so it’s easier to swing the foot forward. The rolling motion you feel in this shoe actually propels the foot forward for increased efficiency by reducing the forward movement of the ankle. This lets you run farther with less effort. These characteristics give runners an experience, unlike anything they’ve felt before. The GLIDERIDE™ shoe with GUIDESOLE™ technology lets you conserve energy for efficient runs. It’s something you have to feel to believe.
Features & Benefits:
- Flytefoam technology provides exceptional bounce back and responsiveness no matter the distance, utilizing organic super fibers to help reduce packing out that traditionally happens with softer, low-density foam.
- Rearfoot Gel Cushioning System attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Guidesole Technology reduces muscle load at footstrike to conserve energy for more efficient runs.
- Solyte Foam in the midsole provides great lightweight shock absorption
- Speva Foam enhances performance by transferring energy absorbed from impact with the ground to the next step.
- Dynamically Curved Sole increases running efficiency by reducing the movement of the ankle joint.
- Pronation Level: Neutral
- Drop: 5 mm
- Weight: 8.3 oz
CUSTOMER RATINGS & REVIEWS
- shoe size
- price point
Very comfortable shoe. Although I wish the bottom treads wouldn't wear down so quickly.
I recently picked up a pair of the Asics GlideRides and have been really enjoying them. When wearing these shoes for the first time, you will notice the very pronounced rocker of the mid-sole. While Hoka is famous for their rocker technology, Asics kicks it up a notch in this shoe. Some people may find the sense of "being tipped forward" by the rocker strange, but I'm a big fan - particularly when running at a faster pace. The GlideRide definitely feels fast, and I would put it in contention with many of the newer carbon fiber plated shoes on the market, but at a lower price point. I have tested it on some easy runs as well as tempo runs, and I would say it performs best as you pick up the pace (think half marathon pace and faster). One thing to be wary of - the toebox on the GlideRides is slightly narrow. While my normal 10.5 running shoe size was correct and fit comfortably, I did notice that my toes had a bit less space than in the Hokas that I do the bulk of my mileage in. For that reason, I don't think that I would pick this as my marathon shoe, but it would certainly work very well for 5k up through the half marathon distances.