The Clifton Edge is designed to help you feel like you can run forever. With a combination of responsive cushion and Hoka's softest, lightest foam yet. The neutral training running sneaker features a snappy ride and unique heel geometry designed to provide a smooth impact and gliding sensation. This unique sneaker has super smooth transitions and the extended heel creates a softer landing!
Features & Benefits:
- Embossed TPU yarn delivers a premium finish targeted support in the forefoot and eyerow
- Padded collar delivers enhanced comfort at the ankle
- New vertical pull tab for easy entry
- Early-stage Meta-Rocker allows for a responsive ride
- New high-resiliency foam offers a lightweight, springy take on a signature HOKA cushioning and ride
- Extended heel creates a softer landing and smoother transition from heel to toe
- Rubberized EVA outsole delivers lightweight, wraparound midsole support with a snappy feel
- Category: Neutral
- Drop: 5 mm
- Weight: 7.25 oz
CUSTOMER RATINGS & REVIEWS
- Clifton Edge
- heel cushion
A Special Hoka [Staff Review]
My first impression of this shoe was, what is Hoka thinking?? However, having tried the Edge out for both running and walking I get where they're coming from. I am a dedicated Clifton wearer, and the Edge feels more like some of the brand's "Fly" line - a little more firm under the forefoot, a little less rocker. It also seemed to fit a little closer around the midfoot but looking further I noticed that the new Clifton 7 has a similar fit (both slightly more snug than the Clifton 6). So, what about the heel? When running on level terrain, it's not particularly noticeable and the shoe feels similar underfoot to the Hoka Mach or even Elevon. However when walking, especially when walking downhill, the extra heel cushion is very welcome and enjoyable. It's cushy, and stabilizing, and those benefits are even more noticeable when running fast downhill. So if you are primarily walking or running on terrain that includes steep downhills, give the Clifton Edge a try!
Smooth Ride (Staff Review)
Worn the Clifton Edge a few times now and I really like how smooth the ride is. Other Hokas I like have been the Mach and the Rincon. This lines up with their style of cushioning, a little 'firm' with out being too-squishy for me. My legs were worn out from the day before and these definitely helped on my recovery run. Mayvbe runs a half size long.