The Speedgoat Mid 2 GTX is your trail hiker that will take on all manner of technical trail. The Speedgoat Mid 2 GTX features a premium lightweight and breathable GORE-TEX waterproof upper that keeps you running dry in any kind of weather. The lightweight midsole foam has a responsive and stable ride, while the Vibram Megagrip outsole digs into the trails in wet and dry conditions. Along with the support from the wide midsole base, the anatomically designed molded foam collar provides additional ankle support. This aggressive and stable hiker is surefooted for any adventure.
Features & Benefits:
- Features a premium lightweight and breathable GORE-TEX waterproof bootie that keeps your feet dry in a variety of weather conditions.
- Water-resistant mesh upper offers wearability in a variety of seasons.
- Anatomically designed molded foam collar provides additional ankle support.
- Midsole features a new lightweight foam for a more responsive ride.
- Wider forefoot offers a more stable ride and accommodating fit.
- Vibram Megagrip rubber outsole provides grip in wet and dry conditions.
- 5 mm "stepped" lugs offer additional support and stability.
- Zonal rubber placement adds support and stability.
- Drop: 4 mm
- Weight: 13.2 oz
CUSTOMER RATINGS & REVIEWS
- hiking boot
- height shoe
- trail runner
I got this shoe just before the first snow in December. I started using it as snow boot for shovelings and walking the dog and it was great for this. Waterproof and warm and with great traction when moving around on ice. Then I thought I'd give them a go running on a snowy day and I felt so safe running on slippery surfaces but still had a very cushioned running shoe that felt just like my other pairs of Hokas. Highly recommend for a waterproof hiking boot and running shoe for trails and snow.
I wasn’t sure what to expect with this shoe. Was it a trail runner? A hiking boot? Something else? What I got is a comfortable, cushioned, lightweight hiker that can comfortably handle some running on trails. While I wouldn’t want to wear a mid height shoe for a true trail run, this shoe/boot (shoot?) handles both admirably. The traction is reliable, as expected from a Vibram outsole. Stomping through puddles and mud leaves my foot dry and fresh. The cushioning is excellent, as I would expect from Hoka. The fit is comfortably wide, and accommodates a typical hiking sock. It feels a little more spacious than the Speedgoat low. Overall this is a great shoot that is versatile and I will use for day hikes, overnights, and in winter. When I do the Pemi-loop again I’ll comfortably cruise the flats after hiking the mountains, with my feet feeling better than ever.